Monday, March 28, 2011

Canter

We had our first canter today :)

I'd like to say it was lovely and she impressed me beyond my imagination and I've changed my mind about her ability to be my next Grand Prix horse, but that would be a lie.

The transition was rushed and running, she was on her forehand and the wrong lead, and overall incredibly unbalanced. We made it about halfway around the arena.

BUT. She didn't buck. She got the transition, even if it was crappy. And we're getting somewhere. My God, we're actually getting somewhere.

We need to start doing some work on suppleness in her shoulders. She tends to get really locked through there which results in falling in on circles or corners.

But we cantered today, and that's really all that matters to me at the moment. Tomorrow maybe we'll do it to the left as well.

1 comment: